Diversity and Equality Policy
Girvan Football Club
Hamilton Park, Girvan
Girvan Football Club is committed to the promotion of equality, inclusion, diversity, and fair treatment in all its functions.
Girvan Football Club does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or victimisation on the grounds of sex, race, disability, age, religious or political belief (including lack of belief), sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment or social background.
We will therefore:
- Provide a welcoming environment for participants and visitors from all sections of the community, regardless of background or ability
- Commit to taking steps to develop a culture which prevents individuals, including members, officials, coaches, volunteers, staff, or supporters being discriminated against on the grounds listed above
- Tackle any incidents of discrimination, harassment or victimisation that are brought to Girvan Football Club’s attention
- Comply with our legal and moral obligations to eliminate discrimination, harassment, and victimisation, and to improve equality in football
- Investigate complaints of discrimination or misconduct relating to alleged breaches of this equality policy. Where these are upheld, we will impose appropriate sanctions
- Pay due regard to the promotion of equality, diversity and fair treatment during the development and delivery of policies, procedures, and actions
- Recognise and encourage diversity, inclusion and respect in our volunteers and staff, ensuring that we are equitable in our work with them
- Regularly review our policies and practices to ensure they pay due regard to equality
- Take steps wherever possible to increase the proportion of participants (including players, members, officials, coaches, and volunteers) from under-represented groups, including through the use of positive action where appropriate
- Nominate a responsible person for overseeing, implementing, and monitoring an equality policy with the Girvan Football Club, ensuring members are aware of this point of contact in case of any concerns that the policy has been breached
- Review the policy in line with any legislation change or after every 3 years
Mandatory Review Date (To be reviewed and published annually).
Reviewed on 26th April 2021
Next review date: 25th April 2022
 As set out in the Equality Act 2010