Girvan Football Club is a member of the West of Scotland Football League, Scottish Junior Football Association and The Scottish Football Association. We pride ourselves in community integration at all levels.
This policy is designed to promote equal opportunity in all its activities.
Equal Opportunities Policy
1. Girvan Football Club (“The Club”) is committed to the development of positive policies to promote equal opportunity in all its activities. The Club is an equal opportunities employer and will abide and adhere to the requirements of the Codes of Practice issued by the Equal Opportunities Commission and the Commission for Racial Equality.
2. All employees, volunteers and members of staff are expected to abide by the requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976, the Sex Discrimination Act 1986, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. Specifically, discrimination is prohibited by:
- Treating any individual on grounds of gender, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability, less favorably than others.
- Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirements(s) for any reason whatsoever related to their employment or membership, which are different from others.
- Imposing on an individual requirements or conditions which are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others. No individual will be placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions which cannot be shown to be necessary to the satisfactory conduct of the job or task.
- Victimisation or harassment of an individual, by virtue of discrimination.
- Any other act or omission of an act which has the effect of disadvantaging an individual against another, or others, purely on the above grounds. Thus, all of the Club’s recruitment, selection, promotion and training processes, as well as disciplinary matters, will be determined solely by the application of an objective assessment of personal performance and ability.
- Best place to buy flonase online
- Requip prices walmart
- Paxil cr online usa
- Keppra pills online
- Order aciphex online
3. The Club commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, an undertaking that the practice ceases forthwith, restitution of damage or loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of the member of staff accused of discrimination.
4. Any employee, volunteer or member of staff found guilty of discrimination will be instructed to desist forthwith and will be dealt with under the Club’s disciplinary procedures.
5. The Club opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of disability. No applicant, employee, volunteer, or member of staff shall receive less favorable treatment than others, because of disability. The difficulties of their disability permitting, assistance will be provided, wherever possible, to ensure that disabled employees or members of staff are helped to gain access and to undertake their duties.
6. The Club, including players and officials, will actively promote initiatives – such as ‘Show Racism the Red Card’ – in the Community. This will be achieved through positive actions as well as communicating via match day programmes, the Club website and, when interacting with supporters and school children where-ever possible.
Mandatory Review Date (To be reviewed and published annually).
Reviewed on 23rd April 2022
Next review date: 22nd April 2023